Future Copyleft devices

Christopher Harrington ironiridis at gmail.com
Thu May 27 20:53:58 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 19:44, Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at sharism.cc> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> > If Ron is correct, then I feel
> > the Nanonote has been strongly misrepresented by Sharism.
> > http://sharism.cc/ : "Copyleft hardware"
>
> Sure Ron is correct. Where do you feel things are misrepresented?

The part where it says "Copyleft hardware".

I understand the practical limitations of the current situation. That
doesn't really change the fact that the website says that the product is one
thing, when in fact it isn't.

Perhaps I'm just naive? Or inattentive? I simply took it on faith that the
word "hardware" meant "all of the hardware you're going to receive when you
pay for this product".

When I buy a box of Triscuits it says, "Whole Grain Crackers." I expect that
it's talking about all of the crackers, and not just most of them.

I'm not upset, but a bit disappointed.

-Chris