More debian-nano problems: apt-get bus error

marc zonzon marc.zonzon at gmail.com
Mon May 31 05:32:05 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 11:19 AM, David Reyes Samblas Martinez
<david at tuxbrain.com> wrote:
> Ruben just
> apt-get remove openssh-server
> apt-get install openssh-server
>
> seems that this rootfs had some problems whith the keys, reinstalling
> ssh it regenerate the keys and all works again :)

I don't know your rootfs,

but In any case I prefer on my Debian Nano to use dropbear, we have
not so much room in ram, and if you need only to ssh and scp dropbear
is OK (it only does not run SFTP from the installed release) and
dropbear is only:

root at nanonotes:~# ps uw 756
USER    PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
root       756  0.0       1.9         2588   544    ?        Ss
09:41      0:00   /usr/sbin/dropbear -d
/etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key -r /etc/d

544 Bytes resident, openssh is a lot more memory hungry.

Marc