please UPDATE your OPENWRT-XBURST.git
xiangfu at sharism.cc
Mon Nov 1 11:33:32 EDT 2010
since we decide tracking the upstream backfire branch.
so we recently cleanup the openwrt-xburst.git repo.
now we have three branches:
create base on upstream [backfire] branch,
this branch for merge back to upstream. will cherry-pick commit from [master]
(now we have three commit for upstream)
(I guess we will rebase some commit for upstream in this branch. so please also use [master])
create base on [tracking_backfire], include NanoNote special files (like data/).
we always work on this branch, commit changes to it.
it's the old-master branch. which contain all the commit history.
Update Your Local GIT:
1. backup your change which is not commit.
2. git co --track -b tmp
3. git branch -D master tracking_backfire (remove your local branchs)
4. git fetch -a
5. git remote prune origin
6. git co --track -b master origin/master (now you have new [master] branch)
7. cherry-pick your commit from tmp to master(if you have). then apply you backup changes
8. git branch -D tmp
when you try to push commit to [master] please try:
1. commit your changes in local [master] branch
2. git fetch origin
3. git rebase origin/master
4. git push origin maste
those steps will always apply your commit to the top of origin/master.
reduce [merge] commit. I always like rebase then push. which is make
commit more clear :)
you can find more info about this cleanup in this thread:
-- Qi RSS feed, http://en.qi-hardware.com/feed/rss20.xml --
-- Buy NanoNote http://www.nanonote.cc --
More information about the discussion