[Was: Re: 1000 Nanos sold, the next 1000 manufactured - ]Conference Results

Uwe Dippel udippel at uniten.edu.my
Tue Nov 2 07:42:52 EDT 2010

On 10/25/2010 07:58 PM, Wolfgang Spraul wrote:

>> http://mygosscon.oscc.org.my/2010/home
> Excellent.

Okay, just back from there. Showed it during my talk, and the Lightning
Talk.
Overall a good resonance of the audience, some 'wows' and 'uuih'. Also
talked about Free Hardware, very briefly.
Though the stickers went quickly, people didn't really know what to do.
Just a name, or just a URL, etc.
Where is one actually supposed to *stick* this?? i don't want to
complain, I'm thankful for the support, but I understand the audience.
"And now, what?"
AFAICS, it would be more effective with a name, *and* and URL. Or:
"[Support] Free Hardware", or whatnot. I am all but a marketing person,
so forgive me. But it was quite obvious that for the audience here,
there was simply no connector, nothing to link the different stickers to
anything.

My suggestion, get a good marketing person into the picture, buy him/her
a café latte or so, and just ask them how to bump up the stickers-concept.

Thanks again,

and hopefully one or another buyer from MY!

Uwe