CELF conference feedback

Phil Endecott spam_from_qihw at chezphil.org
Tue Nov 2 07:47:20 EDT 2010

Sébastien Bourdeauducq wrote:
> Le Tue, 02 Nov 2010 10:38:15 +0000,
> "Phil Endecott" <spam_from_qihw at chezphil.org> a écrit :
>> > Were you able to intro Milkymist to some people thanks to
>> > the Milkymist sticker?
>>
>> Not really.  Although the milkymist sticker does have a URL, it only
>> says "interactive VJ station", and not "copyleft FPGA CPU".
>
> OTOH a copyleft FPGA CPU/SoC without an application and product already
> using and demonstrating it seems not to go very far.

Right, but I was talking about the stickers not the project.  It is
definitely right to have a motivating application, as you do.

By saying "interactive VJ station", it only gets the attention of
people who know what a "VJ station" is (I didn't), and are interested
in that subject.  At an event like CELF, there would be more people
whose attention would be drawn to "Xilinx FPGA with copyleft RTL CPU
and video processing look we've made a board already".

Cheers,  Phil.