CELF conference feedback

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Nov 2 07:50:27 EDT 2010

S??bastien Bourdeauducq wrote:
> OTOH a copyleft FPGA CPU/SoC without an application and product already
> using and demonstrating it seems not to go very far.

I think they are two sides of the same coin: you need to show the
unique engineering benefit but also provide an attractive reference
design.

Without the former, people won't even realize there's something
special about the CPU. Without the latter, they'll think there's
a high vapour content.

Since you're already doing everything right on the technological
side, the missing link is really just in the PR :-)