Open source 802.15.4 protocol stack and Arduino-compatible board

Werner Almesberger werner at
Mon Nov 15 15:18:13 EST 2010

Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
> With a little luck (and some work), the radio extension
> for Ben Nanonote you are designing might be able
> to communicate with this board [1].

Cool. It has the same transceiver chips, so that improves the chance
of compatibility :)

> The open source 802.15.4 protocol stack caught my eye.

May be worth a look. My plan is to use the Linux stack from the
linux-zigbee project, which at the moment doesn't have much activity
but does seem to be able to get up to the point of communicating with

That Freakduino-Chibi also has a fresh approach with respect to
finding a case, namely to take inspirations from tupperware: