Ghostbusting (graphical schematics differences)

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Sat Oct 9 04:20:50 EDT 2010

Werner,
excellent catch!

> As a band-aid, I would suggest to
> sysctl -w kernel.randomize_va_space=0
> and to rebuild all the schematics histories.

I've made this permanent and documented everything at
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Server_setup#KiCad,_fped,_schhist

I then deleted all data (git + output), and recreated all diffs from
scratch, which took about 50 minutes. I think it looks good now,
no more ghosts:

http://projects.qi-hardware.com/schhist/board-qi-avt2/

The one thing I notice now on that page is how the commit logs
scroll out to the right. Maybe we could insert line-breaks...
But I don't think that's important now, schhist is great, I
plan to take a nice screenshot and mention it again in the
upcoming community news, that everybody is invited to helping
with.

http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Community_news_2010-11-01

Cheers,
Wolfgang