NANDology (was Re: Highly improved unbricking method)

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Thu Oct 14 05:18:07 EDT 2010

On 10/13/2010 09:25 PM, Werner Almesberger wrote:

> Hmm, looking at the latest Linux kernel, I think nand_base.c:
> nand_block_bad still seems wrong, and nobody supersedes it either.
> Odd, I thought we had that stuff covered.

there are only to defines:
nand.h line: 555
#define NAND_SMALL_BADBLOCK_POS         5
#define NAND_LARGE_BADBLOCK_POS         0

since Ben NanoNote's Nand Chip is using "0". for now it's works fine.

(I just want know. if we change this. where is the better place to keep those defines?
do you think those define should goto "menuconfig" ? )

--
Best Regards
Xiangfu Liu