Good settings for video files under JLime

Artie Lekstutis Artie at Lekstutis.com
Fri Oct 15 11:16:59 EDT 2010

I've looked around a bit on the JLime site and with Google but can't
seem to find good recommendations for codecs and settings for video
files to play on the Ben under JLime. My several attempts have been less
than optimal :-(

Can anyone recommend codecs and settings to play video files from a 2G
SD card? Maybe a range of settings depending on how much compression I'm
willing to accept for the particular subject material?

Currently trying Avidemux to re-code, but am very open to suggestions.

Also: what video player is JLime actually using?

I hope I'm not opening up a can of worms here, being that many codecs
have nasty IP issues. Just looking for some recommendations from those
that have had success re-coding video for the Ben with JLime.
.
Thanks!
Artie Lekstutis