Plan 9?

Mark Tuson markfptuson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 16:05:58 EDT 2010

Howdy,

This is just a thought, but I think it would be fun if something akin to
the NanoNote could be done, but running Plan 9. The obvious difficulties
would by mouse-related, but how likely would Plan 9 be on later flavours
of the NanoNote? If the screen got a bit bigger (I've said this before -
I want 640x480, shouldn't be much bigger really) and was touchable,
three mouse-buttons available somewhere and it was all Plan 9
compatible, I'd more than happily play with that, especially since when
I get my Pandora, I'll be using the Pandora for what I currently use my
NanoNote for.

I want Plan 9 in my pocket because I want to be able to hack around with
it. I've been playing with Linux for a while now, and know it well
enough to continue learning. If we get more memory, a bigger screen,
ethernet (if possible, direct ethernet) and a three-button touchscreen
(or whatever), Plan 9 will be perfect, for me at least.

What are your thoughts?