Plan 9?

Allin Kahrl qbject at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 16:20:34 EDT 2010

I was wondering about this today, in a different area (specifically,
how 9base[1] compiled on µClibc would compare with BusyBox).

Given that the suckless.org folks seem extremely enamored of portable
code, I bet a lot the components of Plan 9 would move fairly easily.
Failing that, a number of the tools built by suckless.org are based on
elements of Plan 9 and are quite portable. (Though their window
managers require X for better or worse.)

At present they're working on their own distro called stali[2] which
will be built on µClibc and I think will include a ton of useful
source material for doing the kind of thing you're talking about on
NanoNotes of one sort or another.

[1] http://tools.suckless.org/9base
[2] http://sta.li/

[Allin_Kahrl / qbject]