Plan 9?

Alan Post alanpost at sunflowerriver.org
Tue Oct 19 16:22:46 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 09:05:58PM +0100, Mark Tuson wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> This is just a thought, but I think it would be fun if something akin to
> the NanoNote could be done, but running Plan 9. The obvious difficulties
> would by mouse-related, but how likely would Plan 9 be on later flavours
> of the NanoNote? If the screen got a bit bigger (I've said this before -
> I want 640x480, shouldn't be much bigger really) and was touchable,
> three mouse-buttons available somewhere and it was all Plan 9
> compatible, I'd more than happily play with that, especially since when
> I get my Pandora, I'll be using the Pandora for what I currently use my
> NanoNote for.
>
> I want Plan 9 in my pocket because I want to be able to hack around with
> it. I've been playing with Linux for a while now, and know it well
> enough to continue learning. If we get more memory, a bigger screen,
> ethernet (if possible, direct ethernet) and a three-button touchscreen
> (or whatever), Plan 9 will be perfect, for me at least.
>
> What are your thoughts?

I'm not familiar with Plan 9, so my opening question is:

What about the idea of having Plan 9 on the NanoNote is interesting
that you can't do without having Plan 9?  What is it about Plan 9
that makes the NanoNote interesting where the NanoNote without Plan 9
isn't?

-Alan
--
.i ko djuno fi le do sevzi