BEN

Alan Post alanpost at sunflowerriver.org
Thu Oct 28 14:26:12 EDT 2010

Emeka,

This is a good starting point:

  http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Building_Software_Image

You're going to need to get a build environment set up to compile a
new package for your NanoNote.  Follow the instructions as if you're
building the entire image, and that will give you the environment
you need to build a package.

Depending on just how new you are, this might be quite a challenge.
Don't give up!

-Alan

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 06:50:58PM +0100, Emeka wrote:
>    The steps please , I am also new to Linux
>    Emeka
>
>    On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Alan Post
>    <[1]alanpost at sunflowerriver.org> wrote:
>
>      On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 06:28:30PM +0100, Emeka wrote:
>      > Hello All,
>      > I just got my BEN, and I have started playing with it. It looks cool.
>      > However, when I tried python I was not able to import Tkinter. Is
>      there
>      > any GUI in the Python
>      > version. And I need a pointer to where I could get instructions on how
>      > enable PDF.
>      > Regards,
>      > Emeka
>
>      Hello Emeka,
>
>      By default, "tinypython" is built. It is a stripped down version of
>      the full python programming environment. You can build a full
>      python by adjusting your .config file.
>
>      I'm not sure if it includes Tkinter, is that normally included in
>      python?
>
>      -Alan
>      --
>      .i ko djuno fi le do sevzi