some idea about cleanup the [tracking_backfire] branch

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Sat Oct 30 11:27:03 EDT 2010

On 10/30/2010 11:20 PM, Xiangfu Liu wrote:
> so I start to manual create patches. I have created a new branch name [tracking_backfire_xiangfu][1]
> it's base on upstream backifre r23044 and I have push those patches to it.

Hi Mirko

those are just plan, just let you know what I am think for next step:
  1. rename 'master' to 'abandon' or 'history'
  2. delete 'tracking_backfire'
  3. create 'master' base on 'tracking_backfire_xiangfu'
  4. rename 'tracking_backfire_xiangfu' to 'tracking_backfire'

then we should(in future):
  1. cherry-pick commit from 'master' to 'tracking_backfire'.
  2. merge (merge back) from(to) upstream 'backfire'.

that's my plan, just FYI.

--
Best Regards
Xiangfu