Ben and Ethernet

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Thu Sep 2 14:23:54 EDT 2010

Wow,twice impressed, so that means any program from user space can take
control of the pins out of the box so making some libraries to mask a little
bit this "scaring" register direct access, and maybe some software 9600bps
serial port , and some bindings to script language like python or lua is
totally feasible , this is looking very promising guys

El 02/09/2010 16:32, "Werner Almesberger" <werner at openmoko.org> escribió:

David Reyes Samblas Martinez wrote:

> What rootfs/kernel where you using?
The OpenWRT the Ben came with from the factory.

> Did you load any kernel module to do so?
Nope, it's all done in user space. I just take the GPIOs away from the
MMC controller and program them directly. No kernel change needed.

> Have you compile it on BNN or use crosscompiling, if crosscompiling
> just using gcc or OpenWrt w...
Crosscompiled, just with gcc, after linking the OpenWRT
mipsel-openwrt-linux-* toolchain from  /usr/local/bin/

http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/ben-blinkenlights/source/tree/master/bbl/Makefile
really is all there is to the build process.