SIE V2 Mounting Status

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Sep 6 05:49:25 EDT 2010

Adam Wang wrote:
> For RTC purpose, how about to use a standard CR series battery holder[1][2]
> instead of soldering SMD type with rechargeable type?

Much better, in my opinion. There are also a number of smaller and
still relatively common batteries in case CR2032 is too big. (Probably
not an issue for SIE.)

I still fondly remember the solderable battery issues we had at
Openmoko. Those critters created problems all the time, and even when
supposedly doing everything right, a poll found about 33% dead (i.e.,
wouldn't hold a useful charge anymore) in the field after only about
one year of use.