Debian upgraded!

Mark Tuson markfptuson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 17:32:29 EDT 2010

Got it. Read TFM, and got 6 ttys on it. Now when I boot the machine, I
get all 6 ttys working, but it defaults to tty4 when I boot up, and only
that one is the one that gets the 5x10 font. I was told that there was a
file I could edit to get all the fonts to set to that, but that file's
not there (/etc/defaults - I looked for it, not there, closest thing is
a file called /etc/default, which is a directory listing). What can I do
there? Manually starting the font on each one would be OK, but for some
reason I can't type beyond about half-way through the line, so starting
it instead of the standard Debian font would seem to be the thing to do
here. I currently have it starting in /etc/rc.local (with the line
'/root/setfont/setfont /root/setfont/5x10-font.pnm' or something
similar), but there's got to be a nicer, cleaner way to do it.

While I'm here, what happens about the keymap in X? I don't use it on
the Nano itself (but I do use the ssh -fX I was told), but it'd still be
nice if it worked.

Mark.