Community News + Wikipedia Articles

Sébastien Bourdeauducq sebastien.bourdeauducq at lekernel.net
Tue Sep 7 13:08:03 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 07 September 2010 18:56:23 jon at rejon.org wrote:
> Milkymist
> * Sebastien can you lead the news on this please?

Done (mostly copied from last page which wasn't published).

* The RC1 Milkymist One board bring-up is completed, with all the interfaces
tested and to a large extent supported in the SoC design.
* On to a batch of 20-30 RC2 Milkymist One boards for the 27C3 (at the
latest), as prototyping/development boards for now.
* Yanjun Luo is working on a JTAG + UART combined cable made specifically for
the Milkymist One. Hopefully, this cable will be sold with the RC2 batch!
* The JTAG+UART Gerber files were sent into the PCB factory on September 5th,
the whole process is expected to take about 13 days until we have complete
cables.
* Michael Walle has been successful using urJTAG that he modified and a FTDI-
based cable to reprogram the Milkymist One. This is one less proprietary tool
in the chain.
* Yann Sionneau has completed the Ethernet and GPIO drivers for RTEMS.
* We are facing some system instability when running complex software on the
SoC (probably DRAM related). This is becoming a major issue and priority.
* We have had quite a bit of media coverage lately, with the project being
posted at MAKE blog and Create Digital Motion. Thanks!
* The last major step for the SoC design is to finish implementing USB (see
the SoC roadmap).
* Software (Flickernoise/RTEMS) contributors are most welcome.
* We are looking for contributors to design a case.

S.