How much disk space to build image?

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Fri Sep 10 01:21:54 EDT 2010

> Here is a big picture/big dream question:  Is there a page on the
> wiki named "Manufacturing a Ben NanoNote."  Namely, a page that
> starts with the IP you've developed and gives step-by-step
> instructions for someone that isn't Qi Hardware to have their own
> Ben NanoNote manufactured.
>
> It seems this is the standard by which to judge open hardware: can
> you replicate the process?  I suspect also this is asking a lot, so
> consider it a mental exercise.

In theory yes, fully agree. In practice the one wiki page that tries
to collect the steps is grossly incomplete
http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Ben_NanoNote_Production_Process
(it's embarassing)

The pieces are coming together, but it's a lot of work. Mechanical side,
PCB/SMT/assembly. Quality criteria, production testing software, etc.

Wolfgang