web browser for Ben Nanonote with JLime

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 05:22:08 EDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 3:32 AM, v tran <vtranx at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've installed JLime on my Ben Nanonote and want to put some apps on it.
> Has anyone installed a web browser for this configuration?  I tried to
> run configure for lynx, but it errors.  Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

I have tried dillo and links-x11, and both are on the Jlime repositories.
I installed them with :

opkg update
opkg install dillo
opkg install links-x11

Both work. linkx-x11 in graphical mode :
links -g
looks better than dillo to use, because you have there shortcuts
and arrow keys to choose any link on every web page.
(To get the menu of links press ESC .)
For both the fonts are big though, but surely we can check
how to change the size of the font, since xorg fonts are installed.

Also links can work on just text mode as well, there it rocks ;)
(because we can run rxvt with smaller fonts).

Rafa