web browser for Ben Nanonote with JLime

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rafaelignacio.zurita at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 20:27:43 EDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 6:36 PM, v tran <vtranx at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes please, how do I set up swap on the Ben?

I would need to know what you prefer : swap partition, or swapfile,
and if you are okey doing that on your SD (several guys are not
happy modifiying their SD fat partitions). Anyway, let me try
to explain, with examples, those cases.

1. create a 40MB swapfile on your microSD :

Jlime$ mkdir /tmp/b
Jlime$ mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /tmp/b/
Jlime$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/b/swapfile bs=1024 count=40960
40960+0 records in
40960+0 records out
Jlime$ mkswap /tmp/b/swapfile
Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 41938944 bytes
Jlime$ swapon /tmp/b/
Jlime$ swapon /tmp/b/swapfile
Jlime$ free  # to check

2. create a swap partition on your microSD :

Jlime$  fdisk /dev/mmcblk0
(Do a 40MB swap partition with 82 code number, swap, as partition id.
On my system I did a second primary partition for swap.)
Then..
Jlime$ mkswap /dev/mmcblk0p2
Jlime$ swapon /dev/mmcblk0p2

Rafa