Ben as password database

Alan Post alanpost at sunflowerriver.org
Mon Sep 13 15:33:58 EDT 2010

I'm using the following scripts, but not on the Ben:

<++> blfd
#!/bin/sh

pass=$1
shift

exec openssl enc -d -bf-cbc -a -pass pass:$pass
<-->

<++> blfe
#!/bin/sh

pass=$1
shift

exec openssl enc -e -bf-cbc -a -pass pass:$pass
<-->

<++> pwedit
#!/bin/sh

file=~/path/to/password/file
pass=$1
shift
temp=`mktemp -t passwd.XXXXXXXXXX`

blfd "$pass" < $file > "$temp" || exit 1
$EDITOR "$temp"
cp -p ${file} ${file}~
blfe "$pass" < "$temp" > $file
rm -P "$temp"
<-->

This script opens an encrypted file, allows you to edit it, and then
replaces the original file with the edited file.

It is the least fancy thing you can do, but it will be the thing I
first experiment with...

-Alan

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 11:50:36AM +0200, richard -rw- weinberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for password managers to turn my Ben NanoNote into a
> password database.
> Can anyone recommend such a tool?
>
> I've tested cpm (http://www.harry-b.de/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=harry:cpm)
> but it's curses user interface is a but clumsy.
> Especially on Ben's quite small display.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> //richard

.i ko djuno fi le do sevzi