Git checkout on Debian Lenny fails

Alan Post alanpost at sunflowerriver.org
Wed Sep 15 16:42:45 EDT 2010

For some reason, the /usr/share/git-core/templates/... files are
mode 640.  I'm not sure whether this is a result of using sudo
and having the umask be set to 007 or whether the package is
bundled poorly.

You should see the same problem with a 'git init'.  If you add o+r
permissions to all the files under there, it should work for you.

If you're building on Lenny, I'm currently dealing with a problem
with the nlove package needing a higher version of cmake than Lenny
provides, so the build won't complete if you do get that far.

-Alan

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 10:39:19PM +0200, David Kuehling wrote:
> Using command as shown in the wiki:
>
> $ rm -rf openwrt-xburst
>
> $ git clone git://projects.qi-hardware.com/openwrt-xburst.git
>
> fatal: cannot copy /usr/share/git-core/templates/info/exclude to /big/spock/src/qi/openwrt-xburst/.git/info/exclude
>
> what's that?
>
> David
> --
> GnuPG public key: http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~dvdkhlng/dk.gpg
> Fingerprint: B17A DC95 D293 657B 4205  D016 7DEF 5323 C174 7D40

.i ko djuno fi le do sevzi