Digital Homesteading on my NN

Allin Kahrl osokuro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 17:06:01 EDT 2010

Ron-

Heheh. Point well-taken, and I sort of expected someone would make it.

I'm trying to cut a path somewhere between speed, portability, and
accessibility to users. Assembly only really hits one of the three.

I have no idea if the next NN will end up with another MIPS processor,
or maybe a MilkyMist unit. If I want to build a compact PC on an
embedded platform, will I be stuck with BeagleBoard if I want a USB
host without some Intel-derived heating element?

Even suckless.org's very nice C code has barriers to entry, so Lua (or
maybe Forth, as Alan suggested) seems like a more appropriate option.

Lastly, one of the nice things about an interpreted language is that
there's no way to separate source from executable, right?

[Allin Kahrl]