hoperf.com Q&A

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Sep 27 01:38:47 EDT 2010

Wolfgang Spraul wrote:
> I uploaded a few pictures to the wiki
> http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/HopeRF

Nice screen on
http://en.qi-hardware.com/w/images/thumb/5/53/Hoperf_wire_bonding.jpg/540px-Hoperf_wire_bonding.jpg

> HopeRF documents about antennas:
> http://www.hoperf.com/upfile/antennas_module.pdf

I didn't know this one yet. It's good reading, thanks !

> As a last note about 433 Mhz for now: Not everybody thinks it's dead.

Ah, I think we misunderstood each other there. What I said it was "dead",
I meant that it doesn't fit the kind of use that we'd be looking for,
i.e., a broad range of applications, probably many of them Internet-like.

Of course, in a world consisting mainly of low duty cycle sensors, 433
MHz all of a sudden looks much nicer.

I didn't have time to play with the antenna last week, but this week
will be better.