What happened to git?

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Sat Apr 2 07:41:08 EDT 2011

Hi,

just wanted to clone a fresh openwrt-xburst.git and noticed that it's
missing all the nanonote stuff:

In the release_2011-02-23 branch it still has the 'data' directory, and
feeds.conf.default lists Qi's feed:

http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/openwrt-xburst/source/tree/release_2011-02-23/

In the current master and trunk branches, all this stuff is missing:

http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/openwrt-xburst/source/tree/master/

How am I supposed to work with that stuff?

Ok, looking into the wiki there are some clues, how to obtain feeds.conf
via 'wget', and using the feeds mechanism to obtain config.full_system.

  http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Building_Software_Image

But this page is a mess.  Why do I have to read through multiple pages
of documentation, to find hidden clues at shell commands to run to turn
a git checkout into a state that actually builds??  Also note how the
table at the start still lists the data directory that nowadays is well
hidden.

cheers,

David