What happened to git?

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Sat Apr 2 12:55:02 EDT 2011

> David, sorry about that. It sounds like you ran into side effects of
> our efforts to be more in line with upstream, reduce maintenance
> overhead, prepare for the move to the upcoming new OpenWrt release,
> etc. There are quite a few things in motion.

Yeah, turned out it wasn't as bad as I thought, I'm just a little upset
if I have to RTFM for things that should work out-of-the-box.

Maybe the most simple solution to make this newbie friendly is to
include a './bootstrap.sh' shell script in the git root directory, which
has to be run after clone.

That script could even ask a single question about which configuration
is going to be build (config.full_system vs. config.minimal or the
branch even for the branch to work with).

cheers,

David