WPAN as innovation?

jon at rejon.org jon at rejon.org
Sat Apr 9 17:43:44 EDT 2011

I have some questions.

Why is creating the BEN-WPAN project innovative?

How can we use this to promote innovation?

Is there a major page about BEN-WPAN?

To call this Zigbee, do we have to pay a fee? It is similar to the
distinction between MESA and OpenGL?

Looking through the links:

* http://6lowpan.net/
* http://www.zigbee.org/
* http://www.tuxbrain.com/en/content/we-will-put-wireless-nanonote
* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IETF

Is freedom really innovation? As in we have the freedom to make our own WPAN?

Better argument, since freedom really only works in our FREE circles
is if we have some argument that described the WPAN as innovative.

Is there an innovation in the software development connected to the
linux kernel, mesh networking or some other non-process-based
innovation?

Or, are we caught just doing the same thing that is happening in
industry, but without any money?

Thinking here, need some opinions on these points.

I'll make a BEN-WPAN page out of it, aka Ben Slowfi. :)

thanks
Jon

--
Jon Phillips