Upgrading the mplayer package

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Thu Apr 21 11:09:28 EDT 2011

Hi,

I tried to upgrade the packaged mplayer in openwrt-packages.git to a
more recent version from SVN.  Mplayer project doesn't seem to do any
'release' tarballs any more, but point to their SVN repositoy instead.

However, I ran into multiple problems.  Revisions > 32225 won't work
with external ffmpeg but attempt to do a local git-checkout during
./configure, later compile and statically link it.  Yuck.

Revisions <= 32225 somewhat compile, see the attached patch.  However,
they need libavutil, which seems to not be compiled/installed by the
ffmpeg package that comes from the openwrt feeds.  So linking currently
fails.

Any ideas how to proceed?

cheers,

David