[Milkymist-devel] The Killer (simple) feature of milkymist one for RC3

@gbraad me at gbraad.nl
Fri Apr 22 23:58:51 EDT 2011

Hi Jon and all,

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 11:42 AM, jon at rejon.org <jon at rejon.org> wrote:

> ...would be, you plug the device in, and it just kicks right into
> visualizer mode. No hassles, straight imagery, it works, it changes,
> its in demo mode, no hassles, and is easy to change, no hassles being
> key.

This is the same issue I had when you connected it at the Firefox release
party.

> I think the advanced interface would be nice for people doing practice
> or setup, but for the most part, what can make the milkymist the
> fucking shit is for its interface to be completely part of the
> performance.

The interface should only show when you hold a key or press the mouse
button. But then again, i think most of these parameters should be
accessible by Midi and/or DMX signals. The interface is nice, but not useful
during a VJ session without a video mixer... can't expect me to show the
interface to the audience ;-)

> Hiding as much as possible the traditional interface by default and
> esp. during live performance is going to make milkymist an amazing
> product and project. Why do we need those windows anyway? Maybe that
> is great if there are two video outs, but by default, we will get more
> users if this MM1 just works.

In any great product, the interface should be invisible (integrated or part
of the process).

Gerard

--
Gerard Braad — 吉拉德