[Milkymist-devel] The Killer (simple) feature of milkymist one for RC3

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Sat Apr 23 00:05:08 EDT 2011

Jon,
thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Yes, I fully agree, of course. We talked a bit about making the
m1 always go back to whatever it did last, after a power cycle.
So if it was running a patch, you unplug the power, replug and boot:
It should go back to that patch. If it was running through a series
of patches, it should go back to the series of patches, etc.

There is a lot of 'state' to remember, but we will slowly work in
that direction.
Sebastien had some good ideas for the 3 buttons, where one would
just rotate through all patches, etc.
Finally Sebastien told us there is a 'return to performance' switch
in the GUI already, I need to check it with the latest software.
So the only thing missing may be whether or how we enable that mode
by default.
I think when you take the m1 out of the box, and turn it on, it should
start performing right away. People can click through the performances
with a button, connect audio/video input, DMX/MIDI etc.
They would only go into the GUI if they connected a keyboard or mouse
and typed/clicked with those.

Sebastien is planning a major overhaul of the GUI, that's separate from
your idea but should also make that easier and more fun to operate.

Another effort is to see how much more we can make happen via OSC, maybe
running from a phone/tablet or whatever other device.

For the most part things are moving in the direction you propose, for
sure. Thanks again!
Wolfgang

BTW: I have exactly one Milkymist One unit left, it's yours for 499 USD
plus shipping. Don't miss the chance to own a piece of history :-)