Upgrading the mplayer package

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Sat Apr 23 04:06:11 EDT 2011

>>>>> "David" == David Kuehling <dvdkhlng at gmx.de> writes:

> Hi,

> I tried to upgrade the packaged mplayer in openwrt-packages.git to a
> more recent version from SVN.  Mplayer project doesn't seem to do any
> 'release' tarballs any more, but point to their SVN repositoy instead.

> However, I ran into multiple problems.  Revisions > 32225 won't work
> with external ffmpeg but attempt to do a local git-checkout during
> ./configure, later compile and statically link it.  Yuck.

> Revisions <= 32225 somewhat compile, see the attached patch.  However,
> they need libavutil, which seems to not be compiled/installed by the
> ffmpeg package that comes from the openwrt feeds.  So linking
> currently fails.

Small correction, there seems to be libavutil in the staging dir (at
least with latest openwrt package feed), however, it is too new for the
32225 mplayer to build.  

Going to have a look whether recent mplayer build system can be hacked
to again be able to link against system ffmpeg libs.

GnuPG public key: http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~dvdkhlng/dk.gpg
Fingerprint: B17A DC95 D293 657B 4205  D016 7DEF 5323 C174 7D40
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.en.qi-hardware.com/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20110423/109184df/attachment.pgp>

More information about the discussion mailing list