Mplayer hardware-acceleration

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Sun Apr 24 04:34:13 EDT 2011

> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 03:59:15PM +0200, David Kuehling wrote:
>> Playback via:
>>
>> mplayer bbb.ogv -vo fbdev:vidix -fs

Ah, error found :) With newer mplayer -vo fbdev:vidix is broken.  Use
-vo cvidix -screenw 320 -screenh 240 instead!

> Hello David,

> I managed to play that bbb.ogv in nanonixos. Without your vidix, and
> no scaling, it takes 64% of CPU for both audio and video decoding, and
> plays fine.

Cool to hear that your porting was successful :)

> If I use your vidix library, I only get a black screen. The black
> screen includes a cursor blinking at the bottom line, as there was
> before running mplayer.

The blinking cursor is only visible when running mplayer via ssh, since
the cursor is disabled via a ioctl to /dev/tty (which is a pty when run
From ssh).  Other than that, running from ssh should work normally.

> I run mplayer from a ssh from my PC. Maybe I have to specify /dev/fb0
> somewhere?

No, it cannot be specified, it just uses /dev/fb, which should be fine
even when running via ssh.

> Here comes the play log:

If you still have problems, could you try to uncomment some of the
printf() in jz47xx_vid.c and send the output?  I would be especially
interested in the printf() in jz47xx_frame_sel().

cheers,

David