lingot or fmit for awesome application of Ben

Jane Andreas JaneAndreas at gmx.com
Sat Apr 30 04:11:44 EDT 2011

I think we all can agree that to see the Ben used as a live instrument tuner, the needle type, with a visual indicator of intonation would be not only useful and awesome, but would be a positive demonstration of the power and adaptability of the Free Software/Hardware model. With either or both of these programs running on the Ben, it becomes impossible to beat it with conventional stand-alone digital tuners. Not to mention the Ben is also a general purpose computer!

 last time I posted about a tuner called FMit, its site is Here

 http://home.gna.org/fmit/

 but someone said there was an error compiling for some reason? I think it actually had to do with openGL (of all things).

 so, I discovered Lingot, its site is here

 http://freshmeat.net/projects/lingot/

 the delightful thing is that THIS tuner starts up at a mere tiny resolution, it looks to be well within QVGA limits!
 Hopefully there are no issues getting this on the Ben.

 let me know what you think, thanks