Network setup with NetworkManager

EdorFaus edorfaus at xepher.net
Wed Aug 10 01:34:11 EDT 2011

On 08/10/2011 04:31 AM, Ron K. Jeffries wrote:
> Was this Ben to internet connection accomplished with a Windows PC?

Ah, no - not unless you count X-Windows. :P

It's a Linux box (with the Aurora beta 0.5 distro). I don't really have
a Windows box to test with around here...

Also, afaik NetworkManager isn't meant for Windows anyway, so at least
that part of this writeup wouldn't help.

Assuming you have a Windows version that allows you to set up ICS
though, I guess you could probably set it up to use the same IP range as
the one NetworkManager uses, and have it work with that...

Or, you could set up your Ben to use DHCP, that worked for me while
testing my setup, but I didn't try rebooting with that setup - I expect
it wouldn't work quite as well if you booted the Ben without the USB
connection active, or tried connecting it to a different network later.

All of this assumes that Windows has a driver for the CDC ethernet
device, of course - I seem to remember reading something about it not
having that, but it's been a while, so might be better these days.

--
Regards,
Frode