Ben NanoNote next release progress

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Tue Aug 16 00:06:55 EDT 2011

> I don't want to sound cynical, but after hearing about all these
> unfortunate losses, what exactly are we gaining? Is it useful to
> keep running to keep up with the latest OpenWRT and Linux kernel?
> Perhaps for security reasons? It just looks to me as an outsider
> that it is a lose-lose...

I think it's the other way round. Whatever upstream software runs
on the NanoNote is what we have. We need to clean out our system
from software that is unmaintained and/or doesn't have enough active
users to help move it forward.

So from my perspective, removing broken features, whether temporarily
or permanently, is great. If someone misses them, the process in which
to contribute is clearly defined.
If you wish, you can continue to run old images, you can fork them,
maintain them, backport new things into them, etc.

I'm looking forward to the new image.
Cheers,
Wolfgang