Ben NanoNote next release progress

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Tue Aug 16 09:11:46 EDT 2011

Hi again,

> Hi here is some info about next release progress 1. there are some
> package that compile fine but have 'Segment fault' when running
> stardict python mediatomb since we have Qstardict works really great
> on nanonote. I just disable the stardict and also I disable the python
> and 'mediatom'

I got a little further trying to run the new image under qemu emulation
for testing.  It works like this:

untar the *rootfs.tar.gz it to 'root'
sudo apt-get install qemu-user-static
sudo cp /usr/bin/qemu-mipsel-static ./root/usr/bin
cd root
sudo chroot . usr/bin/qemu-mipsel-static \
      -E LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib -L $(pwd) bin/bash

Apart from missing python, 'gforth' is broken:

bash-4.2# gforth.real
/usr/bin/gforth.real: can't load library 'libffi.so.4'

bash-4.2# find -name libffi*.so*
./usr/lib/libffi.so.5
./usr/lib/libffi.so.5.0.10

Looks like you didn't do a clean rebuild?  Or is libffi.so.5 part of a
different package that's missing?  Wanted to use gforth to test how qemu
behaves with unaligned loads.

cheers,

David