Off-button reaction time

EdorFaus edorfaus at xepher.net
Tue Aug 16 18:36:33 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 08/16/2011 11:55 PM, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
>> .. Um, why exactly should this work better? Isn't this simply
>> reimplementing killall? *confused*
>
> It ensures that the pid of the calling script is *not* part of the
> returned list.

Ah. Actually, it doesn't - my test shows that pidof includes the calling
script (and the man page on my host says that to not do that, the -o
%PPID option is available - but it's not supported by busybox).

Either way, that's not a problem for me, since the init.d script isn't
called "gmenu2x" but "kill-gmenu2x", which neither killall or pidof
include in their lists when asked for "gmenu2x".

Or if you were referring to the script that starts gmenu2x, well, that
is included by both pidof and killall (except that with my patch, the
script process is replaced by the real one), and would be even with the
-o %PPID option since it wouldn't be the parent process of pidof...

--
Frode