Ben NanoNote next release progress

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Wed Aug 17 01:56:39 EDT 2011

On 08/15/2011 11:49 PM, David Kuehling wrote:
> Hmm, this crashes so early on, I'd say it crashes*within*  the dynamic
> linker (or did you just truncate the stace log so much?).  It could also
> be one of the famous unaligned memory accesses, that use to work on all
> modern CPUs, except MIPS.  Looking at the assembler instruction at the
> crash location + register dump that would be easy to diagnose (gdserver
> anyone?  'info regs', 'disas $pc-8,$pc+8').

Hi David

thanks for the info.

> In kernel 2.6.39 (probably earlier?) Linux now has an unaligned memory
> load/store emulation, that works similar to FPU emulation.  And it is
> slow as hell.  But at least it fixes these problems with misbehaving
> software.  Maybe we should backport that to our kernel?

here is the plan:

1. I will release this one '08142011' as the next release since we have
    new gcc and kernel, all apps included in that image works fine.
    http://fidelio.qi-hardware.com/~xiangfu/compile-log/openwrt-xburst.full_system-08142011-1719/

2. after release I will rebase openwrt-xburst.git on top of last openwrt upstream

3. direct update our kernel to linux 3.0 or 3.1 maybe, no backport. :)

4. then find out what app not working. or all python stuff work again with new kernel

5. release one linux3.0/1 openwrt image as fast as possible. (have to include atBen stuff in this release)

I already lose upstream and late on release openwrt images. so I want speed up a little
  what do you think David. any advice will be great.

xiangfu