atben and Arduino in Beijing

julien forgeat julienforgeat at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 04:04:28 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Xiangfu Liu <xiangfu at sharism.cc> wrote:
> On 08/17/2011 10:31 AM, julien forgeat wrote:
>>
>> Hi Qi-HW folks!
>>
>> I am living in Beijing, playing Arduino quite a lot and have a few
>> atben related questions.
>>
>> (1) can it be connected to a Arduino microSD shield? I am using Digi
>> Xbees at the moment but I would rather switch to atben if possible
>
> Hi Julien
>
> I am not have much knowledge about Arduino, the important thing is
> the driver. for now we have the linux driver. not sure about how Arduino
> works.

There are free drivers for Digi's xBees which are also 15.4 devices, I
don't know how much work would be needed to adapt these to atBen, if
it is at all useful or even possible :S

>> (2) can they be purchased from China? I saw that you guys have a
>> taobao store but they are not listed there
>
> yes. you can buy it from me. contact me if you want one.

Cool :-)

>> (3) how about the micro sd port on a N900, do you guys think it could
>> be connected there too?
>
> is the N900 is SDIO port? the atBen works under SDIO port.

Hmm I realize I need to do more research, I know it has a Micro SD
port, it's 8 pins and close to a centimeter wide so I figured it would
be 8:10 but I might have gone a little too fast here.

Thanks for your replies :)

Julien