Off-button reaction time

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Wed Aug 17 05:29:02 EDT 2011

While you're at it, could someone also please make the on-button a lot
faster? It's very easy: the rtc has a register which controls how long a
peak on the powerbutton-line must be to be considered "not noise". Since
our button is on the inside, there is no noise to be expected
(accidentally pressing it doesn't happen). So that register should be
set to 0. Given that it always takes a few seconds, I think it is set to
the maximum value currently. Or it is not set at all, and just happens
to be large most of the time...

I'd do this myself, but don't have a toolchain with Linux kernel source
ready at the moment. I did it in Iris, and it works as expected.

Thanks,
Bas