Introduction

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 19:45:53 EDT 2011

Zipit2 seems to be an OK little 'puter, and it dioes have WiFi and a
keyboard and a similar diosplay. People run Linux on it

>From the sidelines I'm not sure how the small community around ZipIt
compares with QiHardware, which has an exceptionally high IQ.

Be prepared to wait quite a while for a follow-on to Ben Nanonote. There are
only some casual discussions so far. There is no funding, and nobody is
working on defining the project.

If you can afford to buy a used Palm Pre2 it can be rooted, has a keyboard,
a decent screen, yada yada yada. I have a friend who works on the libre open
distro (forget which one) and he uses it as a portable SSH terminal to
control various and sundry servers.

There are other options where you can have a decent pocket Linux computer,
with net access (if that is your use case). In my case my daily driver is an
Android phone with a great sliding keyboard.

These solutions do NOT meet the requirements of CopyLeft Hardware.
But I can get done what I need to get done.

I speak for nobody, not even myself. ;)
---
Ron K. Jeffries