Current firmware

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Mon Aug 22 03:45:04 EDT 2011

> On 08/21/2011 06:53 PM, David Kuehling wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> after doing some minimal testing with the august-18 test-build I'm
>> seeing at least two problems:
>>
>> - ldd command-line tool crashes (but that's a pretty old/known
>> issue?)

Sorry, maybe I should have been more specific.  I think it crashes when
called on libraries ldd /usr/lib/libreadline etc.  Can't test here,
don't have my nn with me.

[..]

BTW the kernel now outputs lots of messages to the screen during boot.
It's using a pretty large font for that (looks like 8x12), and has to do
quite a lot of scrolling.  Can this have a negative effect on bootup
time?  It looks like scrolling speed is limited by the speed of the
linux console output and not by whatever kernel component is emitting
the messages.

Other than that, the latest firmware looks like it has every software
I'll ever need, in pretty good shape, so I start running out of ideas
for what else to port :)

cheers,

David