Gimp on a 133mhz cpu

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Tue Aug 23 05:37:47 EDT 2011

> I recently got my old Jornada 690 out and installed the latest Jlime
> onto it. I was amazed to find what they were able to get running-
> Abiword, Konqueror, and, as if that weren't enough, I found a full
> working version of the GIMP. Yes, the GIMP.

BTW, the next nanonote firmware is going to have the Allegro Sprite Editor

http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/Applications#Allegro_Sprite_Editor

With keyboard-mouse it might only be half the fun of your Jornada, but
capability-wise it can do most of the things that Gimp can do
(multi-layered images, even animations are possible).

Also, it's orders of magnitudes faster, and needs only a few MB of RAM
(no X-Windows/Toolkit dependencies).

cheers,

David