Current firmware

Andrea Bolognani eof at kiyuko.org
Tue Aug 23 10:43:34 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 11:15:07AM +0800, Xiangfu Liu wrote:

> On 08/22/2011 05:16 PM, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> >Just for cosmetic value, is it possible to make u-boot quiet as well?
>
> yes. we can do that. maybe after this release :)

Attached are two patches, one to openwrt-xburst.git and one to
openwrt-package.git, that respectively include and enable silent u-boot.

The patches are *untested*, as I lack the confidence to actually flash
a modified u-boot on my NanoNote; however, I believe both to be quite safe,
and I’m sure a more experienced developer can evaluate them and test them
on real hardware to confirm that.

The second one might cause problems to people using a serial console along
with their NanoNotes, but such users can get back to the old behavior with
a couple of fw_setenv calls, so I don’t think this should hold us back.
This, along with the recent changes to both bootup and shutdown, makes the
NanoNote look a lot more polished, which I think is an important goal.

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof at kiyuko.org>