Qi-Hardware logo: keep-out areas

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Tue Aug 23 21:07:15 EDT 2011

> (*) The Qi-Hardware logo isn't a registred trademark, so all we can
>     do here is give recommendations and guidelines for what we
>     consider good use. Anyone is free to follow, ignore, or ridicule
>     them ;-)

Not really. Trademarks can be established through actual use in the
marketplace, or through registration.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark
For the trademarks I'm working with, I prefer the "actual use in the
marketplace" route. It's a big world though, some jurisdictions may
give preference to actual use trademarks, some to registered trademarks.

But in any case a trademark is to be respected, the main goal I think
is to avoid confusion, about product quality and support levels in
particular.

Wolfgang