Problem running OpenWrt from SD card

Xiangfu Liu xiangfu at sharism.cc
Sun Aug 28 01:57:33 EDT 2011

On 08/28/2011 12:51 AM, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to run the latest OpenWrt image from SD card in order to
> try out some stuff without wearing out the NAND too much.
>
> I’ve followed the instructions found on the wiki[1] and restarted my
> Ben while pressing the M key: the kernel loads fine from SD, but after
> a couple of seconds the following error message is displayed and the
> system hangs:
>
> 	Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init

which rootfs.tar.gz you using? how you format your sd card? what size and brand of your sd card?

I just tried this[1] rootfs.tar.gz, works just fine.

[1] http://fidelio.qi-hardware.com/~xiangfu/compile-log/openwrt-xburst.full_system-08192011-1943/openwrt-xburst-qi_lb60-rootfs.tar.gz

BTW:
I am downloading 'latest' image now for double check:
  http://downloads.qi-hardware.com/software/images/Ben_NanoNote_2GB_NAND/latest/openwrt-xburst-qi_lb60-rootfs.tar.gz