Current firmware

Andrea Bolognani eof at kiyuko.org
Sun Aug 28 13:33:11 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 01:03:04PM +0800, Xiangfu Liu wrote:
> Hi Andrea
>
> my gimp crashed when save to ppm. then I use those command convert to ppm ascii
>   in gimp save it to .png then:
>   pngtopnm logo.png | ppmquant -fs 223 | pnmtoplainpnm > logo_linux_clut224.ppm
>
> after compile and try new logo. something wrong with those characters, like
> there are a lot of small shift(noise on the left of those characters).

I’ve noticed the same noise running that command line. Saving it as PPM
after changing the mode to “indexed” from inside the GIMP works fine
here, though.

Did you get the converted image to display during boot? I’ve done several
tests today, and 320x230 is the largest size I’ve been able to display. Up
to 320x220 the blinking cursor is not visible; at 320x230, it is at the
top of the screen.

I’ve reworked the boot logo with these constraint in mind, and this is
what I’ve come up with[1]. I happen to like this version much better
than the previous one: your mileage might vary.

[1] http://kiyuko.org/files/ben-nanonote/boot-logo-simple.ppm
--
Andrea Bolognani <eof at kiyuko.org>