nano and web apps

Ron K. Jeffries rjeffries at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 16:56:45 EDT 2011

to you, not the list.

Jon,

I am pretty sure I have a good understanding of the goals for copyleft
hardware.
I evaluated (hands on) a Ben for a couple of weeks to get the feel for it.

I greatly admire how a small band of people continues to refine software and
make a few additions.

Unlike you, I am not an investor in sharism, so to me the Ben sales are an
interesting gauge of how much appeal such a highly constrained computer
has, even to the most hard core geeks. Over an 18 month+ period, about
1,300 people have purchased a Ben, and the rate of ongoing sales appears
to be quite low.

Ben is what it is. It requires another computer in order to connect to
the, so it can not connect at say a coffee house.

I respect how dedicated and enthusiastic you are, and wish you well.
The Qi-hardware community is awesome, and IO learn a lot by looking
over their shoulders. You idea of HTML5 as an application  platform
is not a bad idea. Time W\will tell whether it makes sense on this highly
constrained platform.

We can agree to disagree.

Be well,
---